The Board of Carolina URISA would like to invite you to begin or renew your membership for 2017.
Become a member of Carolina URISA (CURISA), the North and South Carolina Chapter of URISA (Urban and Regional Information Systems Association), which supports professionals who utilize GIS and other information technologies.
Join CURISA now, the yearly membership fee is $30 for January through December of 2017. (There is a $5.00 per member discount for group memberships of 5 or more.)
Being a member gives you access to:
- Discounted price for NC GIS 2017 workshops.*
- Twenty (20) online technical training courses (free to members of CURISA with a value in the hundreds of dollars) through GeoSpatial Training Services. Each offers GISP credit.
- GISP points for your membership (1 point / year of 8 GISP contribution points needed).
- Support GIS Day in the Carolinas through CURISA GIS Day Grants.
- New for 2017, contribute an informational article to our website. **
- Become more connected with a network of your peers.
- Have an impact and stay aware of advocacy and policy issues at the local or national level. (NC SMAC has a seat on its board for CURISA, and URISA offers support to local chapters).
- Participate in vendor neutral discussions about GIS standards at the state and national level.
- As a service to our members, circulate GIS Job postings on the CURISA website and social media.
- Participate on our board (4 points/year) or a committee (2 points/year) for GISP credits. ***
- New for 2017, participate in our Addressing Special Interest Group ****
For more information, visit your CURISA website at https://carolinaurisa.org/membership/
* Visit the NC GIS 2017 conference website for more information about CURISA workshops. You need to be an active member for the discount.
** Informational article will be approved by our review committee to earn 1 point per article (of 8 GISP contribution points needed). Please consider submitting an article as a thought leader in GIS.
*** Board positions run 2-year terms (ending December 2017), please contact email@example.com to nominate someone (for 2018-2019).
**** The Addressing Special Interest group will require a CURISA membership in 2017. Please visit our website for details on how to join and read the first newsletter.
In January, we will share the results of our 2016 membership survey about the status of training plans and GIS program managers.