Become a Member Today!
Carolina URISA offers individual memberships for professionals and students. Corporate memberships are also provided for those who seek to provide a number of personnel within their organization the opportunity to benefit from CURISA’s assistance. As a non-profit organization our annual membership dues are reasonable and help the chapter function year to year.
Our members run our organization through volunteering and by proxy. Officers are elected every two years and advisory board members are chosen to serve and perform a variety of tasks. We also solicit feedback on new workshops, conference activities and general oversight from our members at-large.
- The membership fee to join Carolina URISA is $35.
- Yearly membership runs from January 1st to December 31st (calendar year).
- There is a discount for groups of five (5) or more…see below for more information
Become a member of Carolina URISA (CURISA), the North and South Carolina Chapter of URISA (Urban and Regional Information Systems Association), which supports professionals who utilize GIS and other information technologies.
- Discounted price for NC GIS workshops (details will be announced).
- GISP points for your membership (1 point / year of 8 GISP contribution points needed).
- Support GIS Day in the Carolinas through CURISA GIS Day Grants.
- Contribute an informational article to our website (upon approval by our review committee) to earn 1 point per article (of 8 GISP contribution points needed).
- Become more connected with a network of your peers.
- Have an impact and stay aware of advocacy and policy issues at the local or national level. (NC SMAC has a seat on its board for CURISA, and URISA offers support to local chapters).
- Participate in vendor neutral discussions about GIS standards at the state and national level.
- As a service to our members, circulate GIS Job postings on the CURISA website and social media).
- Participate on our board (4 points/year) or a committee (2 points/year) for GISP credits.
- Participate in our Addressing Special Interest Group (more info here).
Note: The registration process will take you to a secure third party website. (You will need to create an account each year.)
Group Membership Discount
For every 5 individuals registered for membership from the same organization, $5.00 will be deducted from each membership. To receive the discount please be sure to add additional registrants (a total of 5 or more) during the registration process.
Please contact CURISA (email@example.com ) with membership questions. (We can reset your RegOnline password.)
The information below is listed for your reference, it is also available when you register.
If you indicated that you preferred to pay by check for your CURISA membership, conference or workshop registration, please use your receipt/invoice/confirmation to submit to your purchasing office for payment.
As a non-profit, and all volunteer organization we appreciate your prompt payments. CURISA reserves the right to revoke membership or cancel registration for unpaid accounts.
Make checks payable to: Carolina URISA
Please send payment to:
P.O. Box 163
Raleigh NC, 27602