Become a Member Today!
Membership to CURISA is managed by URISA as part of the OneURISA model. Click here to join or renew your membership. Be and be sure to add your chapter affiliation.
- Yearly membership runs from January 1st to December 31st (calendar year).
Please contact CURISA (email@example.com ) with membership questions.
Become a member of URISA (Urban and Regional Information Systems Association), which supports professionals who utilize GIS and other information technologies. Our members run our organization through volunteering and by proxy. Officers are elected every two years and advisory board members are chosen to serve and perform a variety of tasks. We also solicit feedback on new workshops, conference activities and general oversight from our members at-large.
Members have access to the following benefits:
- Discounted price for NC GIS workshops (details will be announced).
- GISP points for your membership (1 point / year of 8 GISP contribution points needed).
- Support GIS Day in the Carolinas through CURISA GIS Day Grants.
- Significant discounts on registration fees for URISA-sponsored conferences, the URISA GIS Leadership Academy, and workshops.
- Free webinars.
- Subscriptions to The GIS Professional and URISA Digest.
- Access to the vast electronic URISA Library of conference proceedings, Journal articles, and other resources.
- Advocacy efforts to support and protect the profession.
- Ample opportunities to contribute on URISA Committees and Task Forces (and earn GISP points).
- Access to an experienced and welcoming network of professionals.
- Membership in your local (U.S) URISA Chapter is now included with your membership. A no-fuss way to connect and contribute to programs locally.
- Our 365 day online community, URISA Connect, provides a platform to explore areas of interest, discuss solutions and best practices, and talk over challenges with your peers and leaders in the profession. Jump in and get connected!